Clarissa A. Rodriguez
Ms. Rodriguez is a Board Certified International Attorney in the firm’s litigation group. Her focus is on complex business disputes and international arbitration. Ms. Rodriguez represents international businesses and international private high net-worth clients in state and federal court as well as before various international tribunals.
- Second Chair in ICC arbitration representing South American multi-national telecommunications provider against largest South American telecommunications satellite owner operator in ICC arbitration over US$100 million claim for breach of agreement for use of satellite transponder.
- Second Chair in FINRA arbitration and mediation representing Brazilian national against Wachovia Securities, LLC in action for restitution for price of future contracts purchased in Brazil for several millions of US dollars.
- Represented Brazilian engineering company against a US manufacturing company in ICDR arbitration over US$20 million claim for in a breach of contract.
- Co-counsel in International Arbitration before Chamber of Commerce Brazil-Canada representing a Brazilian financial services company in US$100 million claim over the price of toxic-assets.
- Represented multi-national South American distributor in the drafting, negotiating and securing sequential supply contracts and service agreements, worth more than US$80 million in aggregate, for construction materials from US suppliers.
- Represented private high net-worth clients in residential real estate acquisitions in South Florida totaling more than US$50 million.
- Represented multinational businesses in commercial real estate acquisitions in South Florida totaling more than US$50 million.
- Represented private high net-worth clients in acquisition of super-yachts by Benetti and private jets by Bombardier.
- Represented Spanish wind-farm developer in due diligence for sale of 1500MW of Wind Energy Greenfield in Colorado, Kansas, Nevada, and Wyoming.
Admitted to Practice
Washington DC, 2009
US District Court for the Southern District of Florida
BA in English, University of Florida, 2002
JD, Nova Southeastern University, Shephard Broad College of Law, 2007
Licenciatura en Derecho, Universidad de Barcelona, Facultad de Derecho, 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
The Florida Bar International Law Section, Treasurer and Executive Council Member
The Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Division
District of Columbia Bar, International Law Section
Organization of Women in International Trade, Member
2015 Super Lawyers Florida Rising Star
2016 Super Lawyers Florida Rising Star
2017 Super Lawyers Florida Rising Star
English, Spanish, Portuguese